We love Romford and want to play an active part in working for the good of the city. It’s not the limit of what we do, but it is the base from which we move out in this nation and beyond.
There are several churches in Romford. Confusingly, two of them are dedicated to Edward the Confessor, one of England’s two kings that were made saints, and who lived at Havering-atte-Bower nearby. The main church, which is Anglican, is Romford’s original church and situated in Market Place, in the heart of the town. The other one, which is Roman Catholic, is located to the north of the town centre, in Park End Road.
Other churches in the town centre include Trinity Methodist Church, in Angel Way; Salem Baptist Chapel in London Road; and another Anglican church, Saint Andrew’s, in Saint Andrew’s Road. All are located to the west.
Romford also has a synagogue, in Eastern Road, consecrated on 25 May 1956.